Electronic access to the full text of articles are published online on SciQuest by NZVA (New Zealand Veterinary Association) and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Submission of this form or activation of electronic access by a subscriber, institution or business signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions and constitutes an agreement between the subscriber, institution or business and NZVA.
Access by Subscription
- Online access to digital content and full text is granted to subscribers subject to:
- Payment of the appropriate annual subscription fee.
- Completion of the subscriber registration form, including agreement to these terms and conditions of use.
- Provision of a valid Internet Protocol (IP) address or addresses or authentication via a valid username and password. IP addresses must not include publicly accessible proxy or cache servers.
- Single-site subscription agreements entitle access for authorised users from a single campus or site for the duration of the subscription period.
- Multi-site subscription agreements entitle access for authorised users from a single organisation or institution from multiple sites that are geographically separate but centrally administered, for the duration of the subscription period.
- There is no limit on the number of authorised users from a subscribing organisation or institution who may use the Proceedings at any one time.
- Once access has been enabled, no refund will be given on the subscription price, except as provided for in the conditions of termination below.
- Access may not be shared by members of a library consortium unless separately negotiated and agreed with NZVA.
- Access is authorised for permanent or visiting staff, students and on-site users of a subscribing business or institution’s library or secure computer network.
- The subscribing business or institution must take all reasonable measures to prevent unauthorised use of its IP addresses.
- Access is authorised for individual subscribers or for permanent or visiting staff, students and on-site users of a subscribing business or institution issued with a valid username and password.
- Facilitating access by any third party by way of disclosure of username or password or any other means is strictly forbidden.
- Remote access is permitted for authorised users connected via a modem to a subscriber's secure computer network and registered IP addresses where such access is properly authenticated by the subscribing business or institution.
- Remote access is not permitted from more than one site or campus of a multi-site or multi-campus organisation or institution unless a multi-site agreement has been negotiated with NZVA.
Duration of Access
- Online access is granted during the period for which a subscription has been paid, being a calendar year or part thereof, and is not transferable.
Permitted Use (access by subscription)
- Authorised users may download, save and print single copies of individual articles for personal use or for teaching or research purposes but NOT for resale or commercial gain; downloading of entire volumes or sections of the Proceedings is NOT permitted.
- Authorised users may incorporate printed or electronic copies of the Proceedings articles in course material or study packs for the use of other authorised users for educational purposes, provided the source of all articles (author(s), proceedings name, volume, page numbers and year of publication) is acknowledged. Otherwise, multiple print copies may only be made with special permission from NZVA or under licence from an authorised
copyright collecting society including the Copyright Clearance Center (US) and the Copyright Licensing Agency and subject to payment of applicable fees.
- Inter-library loan of digital or digitally-derived versions of Proceedings content is permitted with the same limitations that apply to paper copies for that purpose from printed editions of the Proceedings, in accordance with the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994.
- Content from the Proceedings may not be recompiled, manipulated, used to prepare derivative works, or published in another format without prior written permission from NZVA.
- Retransmission, caching or networking of electronic Proceedings content to non-authorised users is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Individual articles published in the Proceedings may be available by Open Access, in which case they are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 New Zealand License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/bynd/3.0/nz/legalcode), which permits unrestricted copying, transmission and distribution, provided the license is declared, the original authors and source are credited, and the work is not altered, transformed, or built upon.
Permitted Use (Open Access)
- Users may download, save and print single copies of open access articles for personal use or for teaching or research purposes but NOT for resale or commercial gain.
- Users may incorporate printed or electronic copies of open access articles in course material or study packs for the use of other authorised users for educational purposes, provided the source of all articles (author(s), proceedings name, volume, page numbers and year of publication) is acknowledged.
- Open access articles published in the Proceedings may not be recompiled, manipulated, used to prepare derivative works, or published in another format without prior written permission from NZVA.
- The whole of the literary matter of the NZVA Proceedings is copyright NZVA. All rights reserved.
- NZVA warrants they have taken all reasonable steps to obtain copyright permissions for archival content but retains the right to withdraw any content which it has reasonable grounds to believe infringes copyright of any third party.
- NZVA will make all reasonable efforts to ensure a server hosting electronic content of the Proceedings is continuously available to the subscriber, but if access is suspended or interrupted, liability will be limited to restoring access to the server as soon as practicable. NZVA is using third party services to provide electronic access to the Proceedings and accepts no responsibility for any defect, failure in or non-availability of third party services.
- NZVA does not warrant that the Proceedings will be accessible in any particular hardware or software environment.
- The views expressed in articles and letters published in the Proceedings do not necessarily represent those of NZVA, its agents or editors, and neither NZVA, their agents nor editors endorse any products or services mentioned or advertised. Neither NZVA nor their agents are the source of the information reproduced in the Proceedings and they have not independently verified the truth of the information. They do not accept any legal responsibility for the truth or accuracy of the information contained. NZVA and their agents have taken care to ensure that data available through this service are error free and up-to-date. However, neither NZVA, their agents nor editors accept any liability whatsoever for the contents of the Proceedings or for any consequences which may result from the use of or inability to use any information or advice contained, or for corruption to data including but not limited to any defects caused by electronic transmission. This provision is intended to exclude NZVA , their agents, editors and staff from all liability whatsoever, including liability for negligence in the publication, reproduction or electronic transmission of Proceedings content.
- NZVA may suspend or terminate access to Proceedings content for breach of these terms and conditions by providing the subscriber with written notice in paper or electronic form. No refund of subscriptions paid will be provided upon such termination.
- NZVA may transfer electronic access to an alternative third party host or suspend or terminate access if its agreement with a third party host terminates for any reason. If NZVA is unable to provide ongoing access within a reasonable period, NZVA will refund a fair proportion of the subscription fee reflecting that part of the subscription which is attributable to the electronic access service and the unexpired period of the subscription.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed solely in accordance with New Zealand law and any dispute in connection with this agreement will be subject to and within the jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.
Permission requests and all enquiries concerning subscription and electronic access rights to the Proceedings content should be directed to:
The NZVA Operations Manager
New Zealand Veterinary Association
PO Box 11-212
Telephone +64 4 471 0484
Fax +64 4 471 0494